The First Chair Roundtable is a peer group of marketing ‘first chairs’ (e.g., Marketing Director, CMO, Director of Business Development) who use this network as a forum to tap into each other’s perspectives, expertise, and strategic wisdom in order to:
- Adapt to the new set of competitive pressures facing small-to-mid-sized law firms.
- Implement appropriate revenue-strengthening strategies and tactics; and
- Make the experience of serving as a law firm marketer more rewarding.
The Roundtable consists of marketing first chairs of regional firms (generally 100-400 lawyers). Membership on our Roundtable is capped at 20 firms to ensure an intimate but productive environment. A current member roster will be distributed to members in advance of their first Mastermind.
Mastermind Agenda Topics:
In advance of each Mastermind conference call, the facilitator contacts each member to solicit agenda topics for that call. Roundtable discussion topics are driven by members, so specific topics relevant to each member’s role will be incorporated into every meeting. Examples of meeting topics include:
- Measuring the ROI of marketing initiatives
- Motivating lawyer participation and engagement in business development
- Monitoring trends in client industries
- Brand development, content marketing, and integration
- Leveraging limited resources and budgets for better results
Over a full year, Roundtable meetings occur quarterly for 75 minutes via teleconference. The calls follow a “Mastermind” format whereby members raise in strict confidence topics of concern and relevance and seek each other’s perspectives and strategic wisdom for practical solutions.
$3,500 per year, which covers the cost of food, beverages and speaker fees at our annual retreat as well as facilitation of the Mastermind calls.
How to Apply: