The MP Roundtable is a peer-group network of marketing and managing partners who tap into each other’s perspectives, expertise, and strategic wisdom to:
- Adapt to the new set of competitive pressures facing small-to-mid-sized law firms.
- Implement appropriate revenue-strengthening strategies and tactics; and
- Make the experience of law firm leadership more rewarding.
The Roundtable consists of marketing and managing partners of regional firms (with generally 60-500 lawyers) with their main offices in non-overlapping geographies.
Example Agenda Topics:
- Marketplace challenges (e.g., how do we compete against boutiques offering lower rates?)
- Cultural challenges (e.g., how do we motivate more of our lawyers to develop business?)
- Budgeting standards (e.g., how do we determine where to spend for optimal ROI?)
- Best practices for strategic marketing
- Cross-selling models that create client loyalty and revenue growth
- Management challenges (e.g., how can we best support the lawyers and the professionals who support them?)
- Strategies that encourage buy-in from the rest of firm management
- How to assess the latest technology for better efficacy and efficiency
Over a full year, Roundtable meetings occur quarterly for 75 minutes via teleconference – with the exception of the month in which a Roundtable retreat is held. The calls follow a “Mastermind” format whereby members raise in strict confidence topics of concern and relevance and seek each other’s perspectives and strategic wisdom for practical solutions.
The annual membership fee is $5,000 per year, which covers the cost of food, beverages and speaker fees at our annual retreat as well as facilitation of the conference calls.
The program commences with a two-day in-person Retreat. During the Retreat, top thought leaders in the industry will address the challenges and opportunities inherent to law firm management. Participants will identify solutions and, through an interactive process, develop strategies that improve their ability to effectively grow the firm.
“The roundtable provides thought-provoking and informative, top-tier presentations from consultants experienced with law firms and their challenges as well as candid group discussions from peers at like-minded and situated firms. MPR is a productive forum for exploring and advancing law firm management strategies, particularly as to business development and marketing.”
– Roger Aksamit
Managing Partner, Houston Office, Thompson Knight
“Because the marketing partner role lends itself to a certain degree of isolation, it has been very helpful to interface with peers at other firms. I have learned a great deal from their insights and initiatives.”
– Andrew Apfelberg,
Partner, Greenberg Glusker
“I find the bi-monthly discussions to be consistently helpful – they are focused, productive, and they force me to make marketing a high priority. The annual retreat is the best of its kind, with candid dialogue among the members and genuine thought leadership from the guest speakers.”
– Allison Prince,
Director, Goulston & Storrs
Quarterly Implementation Sessions
Following the Retreat, participants can engage in quarterly, one-hour interactive discussions that examine the challenges related to effecting change at a law firm. These sessions will address issues such as time constraints, politics, culture, and other distractions that so often eclipse the execution of long-term strategy. Participants will use the Implementation Sessions to keep their plans top-of-mind and adapt them throughout the year for ongoing success.
How to Apply:
Contact us to find out if your region is available at the Roundtable.
You can download an overview here: