The Women Leaders Forum is a professional and leadership development program and peer-group network of women legal leaders. The program provides an opportunity to tap into one another’s perspectives, expertise, and strategic wisdom in order to adapt new ideas and strengthen leadership skills to overcome management challenges, leverage market dynamics, and target key opportunities for your firm’s future.
Facilitated by Kim Stuart, Founder, Key Group
The Women Leaders Forum (WLF) was assembled upon recognizing the need to further support and advance women leaders in the legal industry. Together with our sponsors, Berbay Marketing & PR and Practice Pipeline, we are expanding our Managing Partner Roundtable initiative to offer a program that provides the insights, management principles, and framework essential for effective law firm leaders.
According to the National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL), women comprise only approximately 18% of the equity partnership in law firms compared to men. Fewer than 5% of law firm managing partners are female. The goal of this Forum is to provide essential and relevant management tools and resources for collective leadership success.
The Forum bridges framework, application and peer group exchange. Unlike other professional development programs that offer primarily high-level education, this Forum focuses on actionable concepts and meaningful execution throughout the year-long program.
The Forum provides a platform to:
- Adopt and hone the leadership and management skills necessary to successfully lead a multi-million dollar enterprise in today’s business landscape;
- Implement innovative and adaptable revenue-strengthening strategies and tactics; and
- Elevate your firm’s organizational structure and culture to leverage your team’s talent.
- One and a half day Spring 2017 Retreat
- Five bi-monthly conference calls or webinars
Who Should Attend
The Women Leaders Forum is for current Managing Partners, Firm and Practice Chairs, executive leadership members and up-and-coming successors.
The calls follow a “Mastermind” format whereby topics of concern and relevance are addressed and discussed with leading industry thought leaders as well as interactive Q&A sessions with General Counsels and other senior in-house women lawyers. The bi-monthly calls will be held in September, November and January. May and July sessions will follow up the Spring Retreat to maintain the peer-network and advance the goals and actions of the newly adapted insights and models.
Spring Leadership and Networking Retreat
The Forum Retreat will be held in the March 2017 and will feature presentations from some of the top thought leaders in the industry, networking activities as well as interactive roundtable sessions with other legal leaders. Each participant will take away specific insights, techniques and models that they can implement within their firms.
Example Agenda Topics
- Marketplace dynamics and challenges
- Organization change and cultural and motivational challenges
- Compensation models
- Acquisitions, integration and succession planning
- Budgeting and ROI standards
- Best practices for strategic planning
- Management challenges (e.g., retaining and advancing your best lawyers, communication and conflict management, leadership buy-in)
- Cross-selling models
- Time management
- Innovation in a disruptive environment
- Adopting business models and best practices from other industries.
The year-long membership fee is $3,450 which includes call and retreat facilitations, scheduled meals, activities and conference materials.
Space is limited to keep the format of the Forum an intimate and dynamic setting. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. A block of rooms will be reserved at the retreat hotel at a special rate. Participants are responsible for their own travel and hotel charges.
How to Apply
Contact Kim Stuart to apply for membership.